Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 5 April 2018

Playing with textures


Well this may look a bit "naff" but the object of the exercise was to play with some textures on something that didn't matter - i.e. a custard tin.  From base up I used Amsterdam Pumice Medium, Pearl Medium and Gel Medium and let them dry.



The original idea was to try and paint a "seaside" scene on the side of the tin  - well that didn't quite work, as the finished texture of the gel medium didn't really work ..... so out came the air dry clay and some cutters and moulds and I made daisies and leaves, which were painted with acrylics.


 Next it was time to tackle the plastic lid.   I used the new Izink Diamond Glitter paints - wow these are brilliant.  I used a green for the centre of the lid and a mix of blue and purple dabbed on to the rim.

It needed something else for the centre so the acrylics came out and I painted a paint fusion rose (ok in hindsight I should have painted a daisy to compliment the sides!)

Yes it looks a bit weird and not what I had originally planned, but was a good bit of Mixed Media play.  No doubt it will find a place in the Den to hold something!

No comments: