Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 27 January 2018

Parchment card



I confess I am not that proficient at parchment work - I need to practise more.  Not helped by the fact that my eyes aren't so good these days, even using the Groovi system. However, I wanted to create something in parchment for my daughter's card to go with the Groovi bits I have bought for her birthday.

We share a lot of our parchment bits, and we purchased the McIntosh inspired plates a few weeks ago, and before I gave them to her - I had a little play with one of them, and decided that I would incorporate the image into a card.

I know it is not perfect, and having watched some demos this week, I know where I went wrong!  However, the overall effect is not bad, and actually resembles what I was trying to achieve with the off-centre circles, and the die cut flowers.  (I can't remember which dies I used from my stash for the flowers, leaves and butterflies as they were various makes, and I just grabbed what I thought would work from my stash)!

The circle dies were he stitched circles by Sue Wilson from Creative Expressions.   I also used Nuvo Jewel Drops on the stitching of the dies, the centre of the flowers and in the corners of the card.




No comments: