Going Green Blog Background

Monday 29 January 2018

Grandchildren's Craft

Cat Transformer Superhero - Front

The youngest two granddaughters asked to come for sleepover over the weekend as their elder sister was at a friends overnight.  Mainly because the 8 year old had some homework that required her to raid my craft stash!

She had to design a superhero and make a model of the hero or one of his/her "tools/accessories.  She had chosen "Cat Transformer", whom we later named Annie.

Our first job was to find how much of my Cloud Clay was still useable as they hadn't used it for over a year and some of it had dried out.    Fortunately the Black was workable, which was the main colour she needed.   She used the smallest of my Wilton people molds to create the figure.   Using a toothpick to do the marking on her boots.  I showed her how to create hair, and she soon got the hang of that.  I gather her mum is making her an actual costume to wear - so she created the cat ear hairband, and painted the face.   We discovered a clay butterfly in my stash that we had made some time ago, so that was added to her back as obviously being a superhero - she should be able to fly!   A brad was pushed into her front as a motif on her jumper.

Originally she drew whiskers on the face, and then I had an inspiration and cut some stamens to create the whiskers - certainly was the finishing touch!
.
Back

Obviously her younger sister wanted to work with the Cloud Clay too - She wanted to make an owl for her aunt for her birthday.

Inspiration struck me and I found a polystyrene egg in my stash - which at least meant she didn't need quite so much clay.  I think she did quite well, with a little guidance from me on how to create the shapes.  It was duly present to her aunt who said she would put it on her office window sill!


On Sunday they made a birthday card for their aunt in Craft Artist.  Also some masks, and some pictures of animals with their own faces superimposed on them, but I forgot to take some photos!  duh!   They are loving using Craft Artist and are gradually learning all the various effects they can get with it.   Obviously the 8 year old used computers quite a bit at school, and the 5 year old is catching her up.   I love to see them being so creative with it.

No comments: