Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 20 September 2017

MDF Owl




I a working on a new Fairy Door for a friend of my daughter.  She liked one I had done with an owl on it, so I set to and painted the owl.

I used Decoart paints for him (Paines Grey, Burnt Umber and Quinacridone Gold)  Quin Gold is actually a lovely rusty red sort of colour, as you can see.  I used the Burnt Umber and Paines Grey for around the edges, to try and give him the impression of contour. Whilst wet I sprinkled Ultra thick embossing powder over him, and heated it up.  Love the effect for his chest feathers - which I then applied cream acrylic to with my finger.

His feet, beak and eyes were then painted with a DYNA iridescnt gold.  They eyes also having the green/gold and blue/black DYNA paints added.  I think I might add some glossy accents to his eyes to give them a more 3D effect,  (Have just thought of that!) and possible his beak too. 

No comments: