Going Green Blog Background

Friday 15 September 2017

I need more practice!

stamped image

I decided to have a little practice with some Inktense pencils and do some water colouring - the demonstrator made it looks so easy!

I have an Alphabet colouring book, and had the idea of colouring some of the pages and framing them for my grandchildren for Christmas.


I was good and tried out the technique on a couple of stamped images first (one shown above) and it seemed to go fairly well, so I attempted one of the pages  (good job there is more than copy of each letter).  All was going fairly well, until I managed to get some "paint" on my hand and smudged a bit in the white area - OK, I do have a special water colour eraser, and got rid of most of it - but I know it is there!   I am also not happy with the black on the Toucan; it really did not go right (Perhaps the special eraser will come to my rescue)- so looks as though it is back to the drawing board as they say.  I shall play safe and photocopy the remaining image (you are allowed to do that - and can reduce the size etc if you require)  - at least I shall still have a good image to copy again if I mess the next attempt up!

Alphabet Page
Well if I mess the next water colour attempt up - I may have to swap to alcohol marker pens!   At least I am brave enough to share my "failures" with you!

No comments: