Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 12 September 2017

Paint Storage Part 1


 

I need some storage for some of my Pebeo paints - and this was perfect.  I couldn't wait to start painting it when it dropped through the letterbox.

I decided to use my favourite paints - the Pebeo DYNA iridescent paints.   A coating of black gesso was applied first and then I just randomly sponged on the colours.

another view
 It was a bit interesting putting the little unit together!   I was all going very well until I came to putting on the second side!  I nearly gave up at this point.  I spent a couple of hours trying to do it, then decided to leave it and come back to it when I was less frustrated.  Obviously you know that I did manage to do it!

The frustration nearly overwhelmed me at this stage!

and finally here it is with my bottles of Pebeo Fantasy paints in it - stored upside down so that not only can I see the colours, but also as the paint settles in the bottom, storing them upside down helps a lot.  (another 12 to go in the other side! - so it is Fantasy Moon on one side and Fantasy Prismé on the other).
one side filled.

I did do a little more to it - adding a bit of gilding wax on the edges of the shelves and sides, and some detail, but you will see that in the next posting

No comments: