Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 30 August 2017

Cement Jewellery

Cement jewellery I hear you say?  Yes - using jewellery cement by Rayher.  It is quite lightweight.

I ordered the kit and some extra bits and bobs back at the beginning of August, but there was a delay on delivery, so was hoping that I would remember how to use everything!   Fortunately there are some very simple instructions in the packs.

Having caught up with all the washing from a long weekend away with the family, I was itching to get my fingers on the goodies that arrived yesterday morning.

Here are last night's castings:

The turned out castings
When I had filled the rubber molds, I dropped some little sticky gems from my stash onto the top, when the clay was beginning to "crust" over.  (As you can see the molds are designed so that you have a hole for your cord.)


This morning came the "fun" bit - decorating them.  I had no idea where I was going with them.  The kit comes with some "adhesive milk" some fine very sticky double sided tape, gold leaf, paintbrushes and varnish.

The decorated items
Below are individual photographs and how I did each one.   (I will add that I started off by trying some brushos on them mixed with Brusho Aquawax, but wasn't completely happy with the result - so left the backs finished with that.   I used the gold leaf, adhesive milk and the double sided tape on some, and then experimented with Gilding Flakes and various Pebeo Fantasy paints.

Oval: using adhesive milk and gold leaf, and then Pebeo Vitrail and Prsmé


Heart: Using adhesive milk and Gilding Flakes, and a stripe of unicorn sparkles
(shows up better in the group photo)

Diamond: Gold leaf stripe using double sided tape and Pebeo Prismé

Oblong:  using Pebeo Moon and Prismé

Round:  Stripes using double-sided tape and gold leaf;  Pebeo Prismés at top, and
adhesive milk and unicorn sparkles at bottom

Hope you like the effects.  I have plans to try some stamping on the clay blanks and perhaps using some peel-offs and acrylic paint/ Pebeo Fantasy paints......... Watch this space!

No comments: